I’m a mom of 2 toddlers who likes to cook healthy foods and exercise. I love coming up with healthy meals using whole foods that my picky kiddies will eat! I work from home as a Realtor, a career change decided on so we wouldn’t have to put the kids in daycare. I love kickboxing and have been going to a very good friend’s martial arts school for about 11 years now. I just got into running again after a hiatus to have the babes and I think I like it more than ever now!
We are your typical american family. Small town dwellers (about 1.5hrs west of Boston), mid size home, 2 Jeep vehicles, 2 kids, a dog and an evil cat – don’t even get me started on the cat! Our community is quiet, which I love. Ours is still a town where you can take a walk in the evening and not feel scared. In fact on a typical summer evening, you’d probably run into a few people you know taking a stroll! We have an amazing local farm, a zoo and the reservoir in town has the best jogging path. All in all, I’m content here.
Cooking has only recently become a passion. In the last few years I’ve learned a lot about nutrition and have become more aware of what’s in our food. I’m not a total convert though – I still use Splenda, drink diet soda on occasion and Hey! I’m a mom of 2 toddlers! There will always be Kraft Macaroni and Cheese!
I just do my best to limit the junk.
This photo was taken by my 3 1/2 year old daughter! Not too shabby, eh?
Here are a few fun random facts about me:
- I love to vacuume. It’s an obsession.
- I hate absolutely hate hot tea, but I’ll drink iced tea by the gallon.
- I will choose running on my treadmill over outside any day of the week. Hey, I like to watch the Food Network!
- I love grocery shopping. A fun day to me would be to hit Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods and Stew Leonard’s in one afternoon!
- My kitchen has the ugliest hospital-pink counters. I can’t wait to remodel. Please ignore them. Thank you.
- I hate the telephone, people who text and drive, people who don’t understand personal space, and commercials at the beginning of movies.
- I cannot dice a tomato.