Yeah, yeah. I know. I sometimes forget about you. Please don’t take it personally, it’s not you – it’s me. But I’m here now and I brought a peace offering:
PB2 Banana Muffins!
Now that Lent is over, peanut butter, almond butter and PB2 have moved back in – YAY! BFF and I made it (barely).
These bad boys are deeeeeeeelish and the stats rock too!
- Whole Wheat Flour, 1cup
- Bob’s Red Mill Wheat Bran 1 cup
- Bell Plantation PB2, 4 tbsp
- Baking Powder, 1.5 tsp
- Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, 0.5 tsp
- Banana, fresh, 2.5 cup, mashed
- Egg white, 3 serving
- Applesauce, unsweetened, .33 cup
- Chia Seeds CHIA POWER Navitas, 2 tbsp
- Chobani 0% greek yogurt non-fat plain, .5 serving
- ***BSN Syntha 6 100% Whey Protein – Vanilla Ice Cream, 2 serving
- Stir together the flour, bran, PB2, Chia seeds, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, mix your mashed bananas, applesauce, yogurt and eggs. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and scoop into muffin tins. Bake at 350 for about 18 minutes. I got 16 this time around……
- ***The protein powder is sweet enough for my taste so I don’t add any additional sweetener, but 1/3c dark brown sugar would be plenty for this recipe if you like yours sweeter. Also, there is almost NO fat in here, make sure you prep your muffin tin well or they WILL stick. I used muffin liners and sprayed them with cooking spray. If you wanted to add a little fat, use regular PB. Just mix it in with the wet ingredients and good to go!
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 102.6
- Total Fat: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 5.1 mg
- Sodium: 62.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 6.1 g